Platinum Tools Cable Prowler Pro
TEST & REPORT IN COLOR The Cable Prowler combines the functions of a high-end cable tester and length measurement tester, with the capability to identify link status, link capability, and PoE detection. All of this is in full color and internal memory to save and print results.
Cable Prowler main unit
#1-8 Network/Tel Test and ID Smart Remote set
#1-8 Push on Coax ID-only Remote set
#1-12 RJ45 Data ID-only Remote set
Micro USB cable
No-Fault cable - Qty 2
RJ45 Port Saver
RJ45 to Alligator 12 inch
F Female to F Female adapters, set of 2
BNC Female to F Female adapter
BNC Female to F Male adapter
Heavy duty case
- Displays length measurement for each pair in feet or meters using TDR technology
- Full color graphical wire-mapping
- Tests Ethernet cable configuration and verifies connectivity while conducting tests for opens, shorts, miswires, split pairs, and reverses
- Detects and reports current link speed and link capabilities for active Ethernet drops up to 1 Gbps
- Detects presence of PoE and class of PoE per IEEE 802.3af/at with load test for voltage drop
- Ability to define cable name, save cable tests and print ALL results (cable testing & network testing)
- View saved cable tests
- Link light to identify location on a hub/switch/router port
- Supports up to 20 network & coax ID - only mapping remotes
- Supports up to 8 testing & ID remotes for network & telephone cables
- Generates selectable tones on selected pins for use with tone tracers
- Multilingual (English, French, Spanish)
- Measure cable length and length to faults using TDR technology
- Network testing of link capability, link status, and link light
- Test PoE to ensure adequate power for powered devices such as VoIP phones
- Conduct single ended and remote cable tests with display of PASS, wire map, ID, and faults for network & coax cables
- Locate unlabeled network & coax cables with up to 20 remote identifiers
- Tone and trace cables
- Test multiple (up to 8) network & telephone drops with testing & identifier remotes
- Define a cable name for your cable test, save every cable test, export to your computer for record keeping and printing
An SG Installations product equals well made, which is why we sell only the finest brands. Platinum Tools is one the best US-based manufacturers of Network accessories, and we are proud to be their authorized dealer.
Platinum Tools is a manufacturer in Ventura County, California. Since 1997, it has specialized in the creation of outstanding products to make perfect installation and termination of wire and cable simple. From tools like crimpers and strippers, to patch panels and cable management systems – and even the bags in which they can be carried – Platinum Tools has been a go-to supplier for industry professionals.
One of the qualities that sets the company apart is its focus on producing the best products in the most efficient manner possible. This means Platinum Tools is able to design functional and solid wiring and cabling solutions which are as good as those of its competitors, but often priced much lower.
Good examples are the Platinum Tools lines of RJ12/11 and RJ45 connectors, which are so different than other connectors on the market that their design has been patented. Installers can insert wires right through the connectors and out the front end, so they can verify that the wires are properly placed before they’re terminated.